Rexel Holdings USA is one of the largest electrical distributors in the US with 300+ branches operating under 8 commercial businesses. Rexel Holdings serves customers in the commercial, industrial, and residential segment with a logistics network service all 50 states. Rexel Holdings USA is a fully owned subsidary of division Rexel S.A., a French listed company headquartered in Paris France.
We are creating a new web development team and seeking a .NET web developer who is a self-starter that can solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and collaborate well with team members. Our team will be responsible for creating web applications that interface with Rexel’s main ERP to improve our business’ productivity.
· Take an enhancement through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation and support
· Develop, code, install, test, debug, maintain, and document web applications
· Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing web applications and sites
· Implement all aspects of an application design - high performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development environment configuration, and testing
· Analyze requirements and develop functional and technical specifications
· Perform peer code reviews
· Interact with SQL Databases/stored procedures.
· Strong background in identifying, analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving complex problems
· Maintain and modify legacy code in existing web apps
· Research and deploy new web-based technologies including open source technologies.
· Work with other team members to address UI or workflow issues to create web apps that can be used intuitively
· Support cross-browser compatibility: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox
· Other duties as necessary
· Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science or Related preferred
· Experience coding multi-layered .NET web applications in a Windows environment
· 3+ years experience with ASP.NET C#
· 3+ years of experience with HTML, XML, CSS, ASP.NET, AJAX, JQUERY
· 2+ years of experience developing for SQL Server, including writing custom queries, views, triggers, and stored procedures
· Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities; keen attention to detail
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with project leads, developers, and other team members
· Excellent documentation and organizational skills
· Ability to present ideas in business & user language
· Proficient with MS Visual Studio 2008 or 2012
· Basic understanding of SOAP and ASP.NET web services
· Expert level understanding of current marketplace standards, technologies / trends and applying knowledge to user experience solutions
· Highly motivated independent thinker
· Experience with Agile programming
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Ability to work closely with UX designers, DBA's and internal customers
· Proven track record of designing scalable, distributed software applications
· Object-oriented design experience
· Experience with WinForms development a plus
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and staff to make an accurate assessment of customer and branch needs.
Ability to verify and calculate figures such as cost, commissions, credit, rebate and profit, understand and interpret financial data and reports and balance sheets.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to use sound judgment and problem solving skills to analyze customer, branch and employee problems and to recommend the proper course of action. Ability to organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
The attendance demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is required Monday through Friday or within normal business hours. The employee will be required to travel to different locations nationally. Employee may be required to work overtime, and occasional Saturdays and Sundays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, handle, or feel, required to speak, read and hear English. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This is a high stress and fast paced environment.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
"Rexel Holdings USA (A VEVRAA Federal Contractor,) and affiliated companies, is an EEO/AA Employer"
(Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with a Disability)
Jeff Genovich | Account Support
972.447.8316 | gobrightwing.com | <Facebook | Twitter